Jesus, Our Comfort and Peace
When we are struggling:
- Peace comes when we realize He is in control.
- We are not alone in the journey of life. He is with us in times of joy and suffering.
- God is in the midst of us and all things come from Him, through Him, and all for His glory. Romans 11:36 (NIV)
- We grow in our journey and learn to receive and share God’s love showing compassion and understanding to other people.
- God desires our lives to glorify Him.
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler.
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do to obey the gospel of God? And,
“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will happen to the ungodly and the sinner?”
So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good. I Peter 4:12-19 (NIV)
In the love and hope of Christ,