13 Recommended Books
These are a few of the books that have impacted my life. I have been a lover of books and an avid reader since I was a young child. My first book that I remember not counting the Bible was The Wizard of Oz given to me when I was six years old. Books can take you places you have never been, teach you things you did not know, and enrich your life. If you are not a reader, you are missing out on so much good stuff.
My mother taught me to love books. My earliest memories of my childhood are of my mother reading stories about God to my siblings and me at bedtime and then we would knell beside our bed and pray.
If you have a book that has made a difference in your life, please send me an email. I would love to hear from you.
- 1. All In – Mark Batterson
You are one decision away from living a totally different life
- 2. Walking with God – John Eldredge
Talk to Him. Hear from Him. Really.
- 3. Boundaries – Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
When to Say Yes When to Say No to Take Control of Your Life
- 4. Created to Be God’s Friend – Henry T. Blackaby
How God Shapes Those He Loves
- 5. Broken Down – Paul David Tripp
Living Productively In a World Gone Bad
- 6. Loneliness – Elizabeth Elliott
It can be a wilderness. It can be a pathway to God.
- 7. The Insanity of God – Nik Ripkin
A Faith Resurrected
- 8. Wild at Heart – John Eldridge
Understanding the Secrets of A Man’s Heart
- 9. Attachments – Dr. Tim Clinton and Dr. Gary Sibcy
Unlocking the Secret for Loving and Lasting Relationships
- 10. Broken Children, Grown-Up Pain – Paul Hegstrom, PH.D
Understanding the Effects of Your Wounded Past
- 11. The Five Love Languages – Dr. Gary Chapman
How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
- 12. Having A Mary Heart in A Martha World – Joanna Weaver
Finding Intimacy With God In The Busyness of Life
- 13. When God Stopped Keeping Score How to Break Free From A Past Filled With Hurt, Guilt, and Anger Through the Power of Forgiveness – R.S. Clark, M.Ed.
The Bible is the most important book written and God’s instruction book to us on how to do life. We learn how to love, guard our hearts, pray, how to love and serve other people, develop relationship with God and serve Him, and much more. This is one book we ought not neglect. God speaks to us through His Word guiding and teaching us bringing us closer to Him.
Thirteen One Coaching