13 Things I am Thankful for Today
1. Family – their love, hugs, laughter
2. Jesus – that He was willing to die for my sins
3. Health – although there are days I may not feel good, there are more good than bad days
4. Sunshine – I love the sunshine. It always reminds me that God is with me
5. Blue skies filled with white fluffy clouds
6. Rain – the world looks so beautiful, fresh, and new after the rain
7. Rainbows – a reminder of God’s love and His promises
8. Spring time when all the flowers bloom and the grass and the trees turn green
9. Birds chirping in the early morning hours sharing their songs with the world
10. My Mother who read to me as a child and taught me about God
11. Friends who walk the journey of life with me
12. Pastor Jonathan Robbins at The Summit Church whose sermons convict me, encourage me, and fill me with the desire to know God more intimately, and to share God’s love with others
13. God for His love, mercy, and grace that carries me through each moment of the day and His Word that often convicts me but soothes my soul and gives me guidance
When we step back and look at our lives we are so blessed. Instead of dwelling on the negative aspects of your life today, “count your blessings”. Some days it may be difficult due to circumstances in your life to think of one thing you are thankful for because it is difficult to drag your body out of bed and face the day. You want to curl up in the warm covers and escape the world and the challenges it offers today. I understand. We have all been there.
Start your day before you jump out of bed with a prayer to God thanking Him for His blessings and thank Him for walking alongside you today holding your right hand through each difficult moment, loving you, giving you strength, and encouraging you. Soon those difficult days will turn into days filled with moments of joy and peace as you become ware of God and His love for you.
“Praise the Lord!
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.” Psalm 106:1
Brenda Luther ThirteenOneCoaching.com email@example.com